Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Work Conference

I'm in Minneapolis this week for a work conference, which is why the blog has been quiet of recent as I needed to get ready and also get the animals ready for the house sitter. The trip is a combination of extreme stress (12-14 hour days, 3 days in a row), nonstop eating, and really enjoyable moments with my co-workers, some of whom I've never met even though I've worked with them for years. I work at home, my boss works at the headquarters in Minneapolis, but her boss is in Los Angeles, and my colleagues are all over the map, from Los Angeles to New Mexico to Chicago to London and even to Newfoundland. Some of them work in offices, others like me work from home offices. We usually only meet via phone conferences, web casts, and hundreds of emails every day. This is the new landscape of working in America.

There won't be any time at all to see the city, except for going to that giant monstrosity The Mall of America for the nightly group-meal-in-a-restaurant. Which, by the way, is expanding. I've been told by several people that locals hate the mall. I've only walked through once, on a trip here a few years ago, and walking through once was enough for me. But then I've never been a shopper, much less a mall shopper.

Anyway, I'll try to catch up on the blog later in the week, more than likely the weekend, with the latest of pulp news.


Bookmark and Share

3 comments:

Cap'n Bob said...

Tonight's Final Jeopardy answer was, "What is the Mall of America?"

Barry Traylor said...

I would hate a mall so large I would need a motor scooter to get through it all. I am the sort of shopper that pretty much knows what he wants and does not do much browsing. The only places I enjoy browsing are book shops.

Laurie Powers said...

I'm not a shopper either, at least not a malls. I walked around this mall a few years ago and thought I was going to fall down. I didn't have to walk around the mall this time.